Thursday, November 13, 2008

Crushing on Shep Smith of Fox News. Yes, Fox News.

Since I've been doing all this political work, I've been watching scores of hours of political punditry. Well, with all that face time, I confess I've got harmless crushes on some of these guys. Recent favorites have included: Joe Scarborough, Chris Matthews, Chris Cillizza, even Rachel Maddow. And of course David Gregory and Anderson Cooper, but they're more on the obvious side. I love their quest for the truth, their bulldog questions and frequent pop culture references. All of them (save David Gregory who was quieter on the matter) shared vocal disdain at Sarah Palin, not for being a woman but for her incuriosity and I share that with them (which leads to a whole other post on my conflicted feelings about the Guvna). And all these crushes started with a crush I had on Tim Russert (RIP) - it was great to watch him roll out those quotes and catch those politicians flat-footed and back pedalling their double-talk.

Well, now I add Shep Smith of Fox News to the list. Yes, Fox News. He gave context to the diatribe of Joe the Plumber in the election run up. And then came this...

No comments: